Providing Spay, Neuter, and Other Pet Surgeries in South Loop, Chicago, IL
Our doctors and staff perform a variety of pet surgeries here in South Loop, Chicago, IL, including spay and neuter procedures. With a sterile, state-of-the-art surgical suite and the latest tools and monitoring equipment, we are committed to the health and safety of our patients at all times. Spays and neuters are performed on a routine basis with the utmost regard for your pet’s well-being. If you have concerns or questions about their welfare, we will be happy to put your mind at ease and explain every step of the process.
Why We Recommend Spay and Neuter Surgeries
There are several reasons we recommend spay and neuter procedures for all our cat and dog patients. These include:
- Preventing unwanted litters
- Reducing animal overpopulation and shelter crowding
- Preventing the euthanizing of healthy shelter animals
- Helping to reduce the risk of life-threatening reproductive cancers (breast cancer, testicular cancer, etc.)
- Reducing hormonal behaviors including mounting, spraying, vocalizing, and roaming
- Improving your pet’s quality of life and potentially extending their lifespan
Our Safety Protocols
for Pet Surgery
Similar to a human surgical suite, ours is equipped with the best tools for performing surgeries safely and minimizing risk to your pet.
Before surgery, our team performs a physical examination and blood work to evaluate your pet’s health. We need to make sure anesthesia poses minimal risk to them.
IV Catheter Placement
An IV catheter enables us to administer antibiotics, fluids, and medications to your pet as needed during surgery.
Monitoring of Vitals
During your pet’s procedure, our team will monitor their heart rate, temperature, respiration, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and more.
Additional Surgeries We Provide
Along with spay and neuter procedures, our hospital can also provide the following:
- Mass and tumor removal
- Skin growth/tag removal
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Abdominal exploratory surgery
- Wound treatment and repair